Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ask the Attorney: I had an interview on my naturalization application eight months ago, and still have not received a decision. What can I do?

If you have been interviewed on a naturalization application, permanent resident application, or even have a petition that has been pending for an unusually long period of time, you do have options. The best option many times is to sue the immigration service. By suing immigration you are forcing them to make a decision on your application, often within three to six months.

Some people worry that by suing immigration they are in some way angering the individuals who are deciding their case. This is not true. Immigration will not take “revenge” on you for suing them by denying your application. They cannot deny your application unless they have a valid reason for doing so. If you or someone you know are in this situation, contact zwaik.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment